CNC NX Programmer
We are Prowse Manufacturing Group, Inc. and we are currently in search for a CNC Programmer!
Schedule: 7am to 3:30pm; Monday-Friday
Salary: depending on experience.
Prowse Manufacturing Group is an independent company and supplier of structural airplane parts and precision components for the aerospace and defense industries. Products are machined, formed and fabricated from aluminum, titanium, steel and other alloys for commercial and military aircraft.
The company is committed to delivering exceptional value to our customers with solutions focusing on quality, productivity and affordability. We have a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement, best practices and employee focus.
The CNC Programmer is responsible for translating solid model part models or 2D drawing into the CNC code utilizing best practices and cost-effective methods of manufacturing. The Programmer will need to be able to determine methods for work holding, design appropriate tool fixtures, create work aids and setup sheets.
Analyzes drawings, solid models, design data/engineering instructions to determine selection of cutting tools and machine cutting parameters.
- Analyzes drawings, solid models, design data/engineering instructions to determine selection of cutting tools and machine cutting parameters.
- Determines methods of work holding, optimize machine cutting paths and efficient job setups.
- Uses CAD/CAM software to produce numerical code required to machine part.
- Creates instruction sheets, job aids, cutter lists for setup and operation of machine.
- Writes program instructions in numerical control (G code).
- Revises program to eliminate errors and improve part quality and decrease production time/cost.
- Observes operation of machine on trial run to prove out program with machinist. Incorporate any feedback to improve part machining.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proficient using Unigraphics NX, Catia, CMM Manager, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- ERP software knowledge is a PLUS
- MasterCAM and SmartCAM knowledge is a PLUS
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing and aerospace production is a HUGE PLUS
Prowse Manufacturing Group offers a great career growth culture, competitive salary, holidays, vacation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D cover, short- and long-term disability.
CNC Programming: 2+ year (Preferred)
If this sounds like the best job for you Please APPLY TODAY!
Job Type: Full-time